Unleash The Power Within


In December last year, when J informed me that Anthony Robbins would be in Singapore for a seminar in May 2015 and that she was thinking of going, I immediately confirmed my interest and bought my ticket. Call it spontaneous, if you like, but I've recently felt the interest to further improve myself, personally and business-wise.

The 3-day seminar promised that it would be good for transforming everything—from your finances, to your relationships, to your health. I thought, it better transform them for the better since I was going to be investing close to RM800 for the cheapest tickets not inclusive of air fare and hotel stay.

As the event date drew nearer and nearer, I also happened to get busier and busier with my businesses and I prayed that this seminar would be worth my time and money. I've attended seminars so hyped-up but you walk away with very little value. What else could Mr Robbins teach me? I felt that I was already pretty content with what I have. I don't have any motivation issues or any real issues, then I thought, if I didn't learn anything from him ( I enjoy how he writes simply and matter of fact-ly in Awaken the Giant Within), I might still be able to meet interesting people and make new friends ("For RM800!" My hubby looks unbelievably at me) .

J & I decided to fly in a day before the seminar and fly home the day after the seminar to give us some "jalan-jalan" time. Our journey started off with a little bit of drama. On the bus to KLIA2, J realized that she had left a passport at home. Thankfully, she didn't stay very far from KL Sentral so she took a cab home to get her passport and we met at the airport.

We arrived safely in Singapore close to 2.00pm and after a 40- minute walk from Bugis MRT station to our hotel carrying our luggage, we were too sweaty and tired to walk around immediately. (We found out that there was a closer MRT station behind the hotel but we had to switch tracks a few times) We left the hotel for a walk in Bugis Street at about 5.30pm and feasted our eyes on the many, many affordable fashion goods in the market (Believe me 1.5 hours in Bugis Street is NOT enough!).

We joined her cousin for dinner at 7.00pm at an Indian Restaurant at Little India. He has been working in Singapore for a few years now. We called it a night at 9.00pm and headed back to the hotel rearing to be inspired the next few days.

We left the hotel at 7.30am the next day and reached the Expo about an hour later. There was already a huge crowd and long queues registering at their respective ticket class lines. We headed into the hall after registering and collecting our workbook and wristband. The hall fit about 5,000 people comfortably.

In summary, I definitely learned some new things during the two days (The third day was essentially previews of other coaches's seminars and lots of hard selling so we escaped and went for brunch with a new Singaporean friend and later to the Gardens by the Bay). Essentially, Tony Robbins taught us to shift our state of mind, focus on our goals, and harness our inner energy and skills.

He is very charismatic and has an excellent sense of humour (not to mention great acting skills). He managed to connect with us despite the huge audience and we only saw him on the big screens. There were some "cheesy" moments but I walked away feeling more focused and even more motivated (if that's possible!).


There were moments when we felt that some members of the audience picked by Mr Robbins to "work on" are actually planted actors but we could be wrong. As an event manager, I have to commend the excellent coordination of the sound and lighting crew. They picked the perfect music for each situation and when they felt the audience' energy level dip, they immediately cued us to dance (or simply move) by playing the right music.

I've been searching for a mentor for quite some time now and I found him there, at the seminar. S is a business owner from New Zealand who happened to sit behind us with his wife, G, on the second day. We had lunch with them and another guest and thanks to him, I'm now learning new ways to improve my businesses which has increased my focus and given me insight on how to structure my businesses in order for them to grow faster.

Besides business seminars, investing in one's self shouldn't be taken for granted and so my company is now promoting a new personal development programme. It's great for those seeking employability and for those who want to move ahead, wherever they are.


How do YOU stay motivated? Leave your comments below.

Liked this post? Please like and share :)
Enter your email address to get updates in your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments

  1. Love the quotes, meaningful ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup certainly agree with what you said! I read his book too!
    but like the saying goes, self motivation is like taking bath, we gotta do it oftenly! =D
    anyway you should do your event in Penang too! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes, it comes with practice! Testing the event in the KL market first then hopefully, we can bring it to other states :)

      Delete
  3. Always wanted to join this kind of stamina as it really inspire you to keep moving, stay positive and eliminate those negative evil stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, choose carefully as some speakers might not gel with your way of thinking/acting. Keeping yourself surrounded by positive friends are good too!

      Delete
  4. wow so cool that you've gone to his seminar before, heard a lot of life changing stories about people who went. hope can meet him one day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a great speaker and he knows how to work a crowd well. He makes you think on a deeper level :)

      Delete
  5. Cool! Didn't know about him, will check him out. And I totally agree with u on "business seminars, investing in one's self shouldn't be taken for granted" ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been around for some time and is pretty popular among celebrities and business moguls. The best part is he doesn't use bombastic words. He makes the lessons easy to understand and adds so much humour to them.

      Delete
  6. This is so inspirational! I've been needing some inspiration lately to further complete my thesis for my masters. Didn't manage to go to his seminar cause i've been to busy :( But thank god for your blog post! will keep a look out if he ever comes by to Malaysia. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this post can help with the thesis heheh! You can read his books, they're easy to understand

      Delete
  7. OMG, You went to his seminar! Sound interesting and I hope I will be able to go too! His quote is so inspiring! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty unbelievable (and expensive) but how often is there a chance to meet (or be around) someone like him, right? I'm glad I spent that money on his seminar

      Delete
  8. Love this kind of seminar, always help a lot to fight through their struggle and give inspiration to one's life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, and even when you're happy with what you already have, it opens your eyes to more opportunities around you

      Delete
  9. Actually the price is not too expensive for these kind of courses =) As long as you look at it in a positive way and try to learn something from it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad a price for 2 days to attend a seminar with someone of his calibre

      Delete
  10. Seems that the seminar was a worthwhile investment! But glad it proved an inspirational journey for you (and now us) ! Thank you for introducing him to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love self empowerment seminar like this. It's really important that we, even as an adult to always motivate ourself. Sometimes just living is exhausting, so we need that extra push everytime. Lucky that you could go! I wish i could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has seminars in Singapore every few years so perhaps you can go then :)

      Delete
  12. I've heard about Anthony Robbins before, but I wasn't really intrigued by him enough to go to his seminars or read his book. But I guess if he got you motivated and inspired, he's reached his goal. Glad that you feel inspired; motivation is truly the best fuel to drive any passion. Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wasn't really intriguing to me though he has great testimonials about him but I guess at the time, I just wanted some personal and business development and he came at the right time

      Delete
  13. I love self empowerment seminars! wish I could have joined you! I really need these seminars right now of my current up and downs in life. Life is tiring and this could really give me that "push".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can start by reading some self development books before going to any seminar. Then once you know the style of each motivational coach, you can look out for their seminars

      Delete
  14. Wow this is great! I hope there will be more seminar like this going on.Everyone needs something to motivate them and this is EXCELLENT !This seminar is surely a great and useful one! Hope to get myself involve in one of those seminar too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I read your post after the seminar dates. Interested to join such seminar but no 'kaki' to go with me. I will be so lonely by myself. http://www.princesscindyrina.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave your clouds of thought here :)